Last Updated / Effective Date: 3/15/22
This Privacy Notice explains how Switchboard handles your personal information. This Privacy Notice applies to this website and the websites of Switchboard (hereinafter referred to as “Switchboard,” “we”, “us” or “our”) that display this Privacy Notice (each a “Site” and collectively, the “Sites”), and to any online services that may be available on or through the Sites (the “Services”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to information unrelated to any identified or identifiable individual, household, or device.
This Privacy Notice does not cover our customers’ or other third parties’ use of information – you should refer to those parties’ privacy notices to understand their use of data.
Information We Collect
To provide Switchboard Services, we collect data about you from a variety of sources, including the following types of information.
Information we receive from you in connection with our Services. If you sign up for newsletters and marketing communications or to be a member of our community, we may collect contact information such as your first and last name, a home or physical address, an email address, and other identifiers that may permit you to be contacted physically or online.
Our product has access to business workflows that may see personal information that arises during error conditions. We process this information on behalf of our customers to help them resolve errors in their automated workflows. The information we collect through our Services may include customer logins.
We do not respond to “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use data we collect for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- To operate our business.
- To provide, maintain, analyze, customize, measure and improve our Services.
- To provide customer support.
- To communicate with you, including about products and/or services you may be interested in.
- To comply with law and satisfy our regulatory compliance obligations.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other prohibited, illicit or illegal activity.
- For other purposes permitted by law or to which you consent.
How We Secure Information
We are committed to maintaining measures to protect the security of your information. Of course, despite these measures, no network or system is ever entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of networks and systems that we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties as permitted or required by law, or as directed or authorized by you. For example, we may disclose your information:
- With our professional advisors who provide legal, compliance, accounting, banking, or consulting services.
- With law enforcement, officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar law enforcement request, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to protect you, ourself, or others, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of this Privacy Notice or other applicable terms.
- We may share some or all of your Information with our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- With companies or other entities in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- For other legal purposes, such as to enforce our terms and conditions, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
What Choices do I Have?
Update personal information. If you maintain an online account with us, you can log in to that account to review and change certain information you have provided to us.
Marketing communications. You may receive marketing information from Switchboard. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails, by following the unsubscribe link in each email, or by contacting email@example.com. You may continue to receive non-marketing emails from us after you opt-out.
Cookies. You have a number of choices regarding certain cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser’s setting to notify you of cookie placement or decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, certain features of our website may not function properly as a result.
Children’s Privacy Rights
Our online services are not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect data from children under age 18 without parental consent.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to provide clarification or notice of changes to our practices. If we make changes, we will revise the Effective Date at the top of this Privacy Notice. Changes to this Privacy Notice will be effective once they are posted unless otherwise indicated.
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or the privacy practices at Switchboard, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.